In the 1920’s, President Calvin Coolidge famously said that “The business of America is business.” Many things have changed since the twenties, but certainly not the character of our country. Business remains at the center of the American economy. But as the world grows increasingly complex, more education and training are needed to keep up with the change.
The Academy Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is a degree designed for career-driven students in the Minneapolis and St. Paul area with busy lives.
- We deliver the program entirely online, so that students can learn on their own time and at their own pace.
- The Bachelors can be completed in as few as three years, rather than the traditional four.
- The degree provides students with a curriculum that spans several career areas, leaving the graduate with many options when searching for the right job for him/her. There are courses in
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- On-Campus tutoring available, provided by faculty, in order to support the online curriculum.
The Academy College Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program is both affordable and accessible. You don’t have to go through hoop after hoop to obtain information from someone or to apply for entry into the program.
Business Administration BS Degree Program Outline
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Business Management
Areas of Concentration Courses
- Students may choose from the 1000 level or above AC, BA, FI, SM category courses, or two of the following; AV2027 Aviation Business, AV3115 Aviation Law & Insurance, and AV2030 Airline Operations provided that the prerequisites are met.
- Students may choose from the 3000 level or above AC, BA, FI, or SM category courses provided that the prerequisites are met.
Technical Course Electives
- Students may choose from the 1000 or above technical category courses provided that prerequisites are met.
General Education Courses
- Written & Oral Communication (required)
- Select from the 1000 or above level courses. Students must choose a minimum of one (1) course from each discipline depending on prerequisites. Discipline areas are: Communications; Humanities; Math/Natural Science; Social Sciences.
- Select from the 3000 and above level courses. Students must choose a minimum of one (1) course from each discipline depending on prerequisites. Discipline areas are: Communications; Humanities; Math/Natural Science; Social Sciences.
Business Major Courses
- Business Strategy
- Business Communication
- Managing Human Resources
- Economics of Money and Banking
- Law and Ethics of Business
- Management Information Systems
- Financial Management
SALES & MARKETING
- Effective Marketing