This is custom heading element with Google Fonts

International Students Admission Application | International Students Dispatch Application

Welcome International Students!

International Students attending Academy College enjoy all of the benefits of the American education system within a community that values diversity and promotes cross-cultural understanding. Located in Bloomington, MN, Academy College is the ideal selection for International Students interested in a Metro area academic experience.

Academy College encourages International Student applicants, and admits students from many different countries. International Student applicants, current International Students wishing to transfer to Academy College, or others interested in International Student information should contact the admissions department at

  1. Submit your Application for Admission with the $40.00 application fee and $500.00 refundable deposit.
  2. Submit the I-20 Request Form
  3. Set up an appointment with your dedicated Admissions Representative – your Admissions Representative will reach out to you after receiving your application to set this appointment.
  4. Academy College issues the Form I-20
  5. Obtain your F-1 or M-1 (dispatch program) VISA
  6. Complete the International Student Enrollment Agreement

The Form I-20 is issued by Academy College for the purpose of certifying to the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 student status. If certifies you have been fully admitted, you intend to pursue a full course of study, and you have enough money to study and live in the U.S.

  • Documents needed for I-20 issuance:
    • Copy of a valid passport
    • I-20 Eligibility Form
    • Recent bank statement OR sponsor indicating enough funding for one year of tuition plus living expenses
      • If a sponsor, you will also need:
        • Proof of income of sponsor (choose from recent paystubs, recent tax statement, or letter from employer)
        • Affidavit of Support, signed by the student’s sponsor
      • Proof of English Proficiency
      • Passport
      • I-94 Card


  • If you are transferring from a school in the U.S., you should ALSO submit the following:
    • Copies of all previous Form I-20s (all three pages)
    • Copy of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
    • Copy of picture page of visa
    • F1 Transfer Form (you must also get SEVIS record transferred)
    • Copies of any previous EAD, social security card, or miscellaneous USCIS documents

The first step in your application is to gain admission to the college. Your Admissions Representative will work closely with you to ensure that you complete the required documents and that you are set up for success in the admissions process.


  1. Valid Passport – Your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after your arrival in the USA.
  2. High School Transcripts –
    1. Graduate high school with a US equivalency of a 2.0.
    2. Official transcripts from secondary school must be in the language used for instruction and be accompanied by an English translation. Transcripts must be evaluated by Spantran to determine US equivalency.
  3. English Proficiency – Applicants for whom English is not their native language must provide proof that you are proficient in the English Language through one of the following forms:
    1. TOEFL ibt – 61
    2. IELTS – 5.5
    3. Documentation of a minimum of 4 years of successful completion of secondary studies (i.e., high school level) in an English-speaking school whose language instruction is English.
    4. Official documentation of successful completion from a University approved college preparatory ESL program
  4. College Transcripts –
    1. Official transcripts from any post-secondary school attended must be in the language used for instruction and be accompanied by an English translation.
    2. Transcripts must be evaluated by Spantran to determine US equivalency.
  5. Immunization – Minnesota law requires that all students be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, and diphtheria.


All transcripts and/or degree certificates can be mailed to or sent to via secure email


Academy College
Attn: Admissions
1600 W. 82nd Street, Ste. 100
Bloomington, MN 55431

  • Upon receiving a Form I-20, students must:
    • Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at
    • Apply for the F-1 or M-1 student VISA
    • Make an appointment with the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country
    • Be prepared to present the following at the visa interview:
      • Form I-20
      • Receipt of SEVIS I-901 fee payment
      • Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application with payment receipt
      • Additional documents that may be required or recommended:
        • Acceptance letter
        • Academic transcripts
        • Proof of English proficiency
        • Affidavit of support and financial evidence
        • Receipt of advance tuition payment (to demonstrate financial stability and commitment to your education)
  • Once you receive your student visa you can start making your travel plans to Academy College. We are excited to meet you and get you started on your educational journey with us!
  • Before you arrive…
    • F-1/M-1 students can enter the U.S. no more than 30 days before your program start date
    • Send Admissions a copy of your F-1 VISA once you receive it.
    • Keep in touch and inform us of your travel plans, and expected arrival date.
  • After you arrive…
    • You must check in with ISS within 15 days after you arrive
    • Attend mandatory orientation and all classes.
    • Send a copy of your F-1/M-1 VISA and your I-94 to Admissions. Your I-94 travel record can be found at