Whether you’re based overseas, stationed in the U.S. or are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, Academy College salutes your service! To show our appreciation for your dedication and sacrifice, Academy College is proud to offer a variety of scholarships and educational opportunities to active military service members, veterans and their family members.
In an effort to demonstrate our gratitude for the contributions made by members of the United States Armed Forces, Academy College is waiving the $40 application fee to all U.S. Veterans, Active Duty, and Reservists military members.
Academy College recognizes the value military veterans and members bring to our campus. Our community is one of support, dedication, and teamwork actively preparing students of today to be leaders of tomorrow. Named a Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs Magazine, Academy College is also committed to the Executive Order 13607 establishing “Principles of Excellence.”
For all military and VA benefit information, please visit our Military Education Benefits page.
At Academy College, we honor military students’rights to satisfactory college marketing, admissions, and student services practices including the right to:
- Accurate information about a school’s programs, requirements, accreditation, and its potential impact on course transferability.
- Access basic college/university information and fees without disclosure of student personal information.
- Educational planning and career guidance without high-pressure registration and enrollment efforts from institutions.
- A clear and complete explanation of course/program enrollment procedures and all resulting financial obligations.
- Explore, without coercion, all financial aid options before signing up for student loans or other financial assistance.
- Accurate scholarship information, free of misleading ‘scholarship’ offers based on military tuition assistance.
- Appropriate academic screening and course placement based on student readiness.
- Appropriate, accessible academic and student support services.
- Clearly defined institutional “drop/add” and withdrawal policies and procedures including information about the impact of military duties (e.g., mobilization, activation, temporary duty assignments) on their academic standing and financial responsibilities.
- Clearly defined grievance/appeals processes.
These specific rights focus on satisfactory college marketing, admissions, and student services practices. Academy College agrees to provide adequate access to the range of student services appropriate to support the programs, including admissions, financial aid, academic advising, delivery of course materials, competency testing, and course placement.
In addition assurances will be given that students admitted into college programs possess the requisite knowledge and academic preparation to succeed. Where computers, personal digital assistants, or other technology packets are required for course completion, We will provide assistance to students who experience difficulty using the required technology.
As an institution that participates in Executive Order 13607 establishing “Principles of Excellence,” Academy College will provide adequate, clearly established means for resolving student grievances. In particular, we will provide transparent due-process procedures related to tuition and financial aid matters, course withdrawals due to unanticipated deployments, lack of consistent computer connectivity, and changes of duty.
It is hoped that the Military Student Bill of Rights will serve as a constant reminder that servicemembers deserve and should receive fair and honest treatment as they seek to improve their lives through educational programs and services.